The seventh edition of the Hero Indian Super League came to a close with Mumbai City FC crowned champions. The season, which marked the return of major sports events in India, had a mega journey amidst the challenges posed by the pandemic.
Hero Indian Super League 2020-21 in Numbers:
• Teams: 11
• Games: 115
• Duration: 6 (including pre-season)
• Goals: 298
• Average goal per match: 2.59
• Broadcast: 80 territories across Asia, Australia, USA, Canada, Europe
Health & Safety Protocols
• 18 Bio-bubbles created across 14 hotels
• Number of people tested by RT-PCR in Goa: 1635
• Average number of times each person tested by PCR: 50
• Average frequency of testing in days: every 72 Hrs
• Number of total tests done: 70000 approx.
• Number of N95 masks procured by league: 26000 approx.
• Estimated total spend on COVID testing and other related costs: INR 17 Crore
Infrastructure by League
• Refurbishment of pitches – 3 stadiums + 8 practice grounds
• Refurbishment / installation of floodlights, usage of generators etc.
• Central security and housekeeping agencies
• Rentals of 3 stadium
• Rentals of 8 practice pitch (first two months)
• Estimate Infrastructure cost taken by the league: INR 20 Cr
ISL Digital Engagements
• Engagement: 175M +
• Video Views: 360M +
• Minutes of Video Content: 4000 mins+
• Two production & broadcast set-ups, one each in Goa and Mumbai
• Approx. 150 member crew
• 19 cameras used for all League stage games
• Additional 2 cameras deployed from Play-Off stage
• Production infrastructure created from scratch at GMC Stadium Bambolim & Tilak Maidan Vasco.
• 3 OB kits and 2 broadcast teams were used for entire duration. ISL MEDIA