MUMBAI: The Sports Journalists’ Federation of India (SJFI) at its annual general meeting (AGM) in Ahmedabad on July 23 has decided to start the golden jubilee celebration of the federation during the upcoming ICC Cricket World Cup in India.
The SJFI was born in Calcutta (now Kolkata) at the hallowed cricket stadium, Eden Gardens, on February 27, 1976 with sports scribes as members comprising three cities: Calcutta, Delhi and Mumbai.
To begin the celebrations in right earnest, the SJFI has decided to invite all its state affiliates to submit an SJFI logo creative dedicated to its golden jubilee celebrations. The creative/artwork has to be worked around the existing SJFI logo.
The logo has to reflect 50 years of SJFI, and the chosen logo, by a panel of experts in arts will be used — by the SJFI and its members — right through the golden jubilee celebrations. The SjFI will turn 50 on January 27, 2026.
The State affiliates are asked to submit the creative to the Secretary by August 31, 2023.
The SJFI has also formed its golden jubilee committee comprising of former Presidents, Current SJFI Office-bearers and state Presidents or their nominees. The GJC Committee will be chaired by Mr. G. Viswanath, one of the past Presidents and the chief of Sports Journalists’ Association of Mumbai.
SJFI Golden Jubilee Celebrations Committee
1. G Viswanath – Chairman – past President
2. S. Sabanayakan- past President
3. Subodh Malla Barua – past President
4. Tushar Trivedi – President, SJFI
5. Vikas Pandey – Vice President
6. Paritosh Pramanik – Vice President
7. Manuja Veerappa – Vice President
8. Saraju Chakraborty – Vice President
9. Prashant Keni – Secretary
10. Ramesh Varikuppala – Jt. Secretary
11. Partha Chakraborty – Treasurer
12. R. Kaushik – (SWAB)
13. B. Venkata Krishna – (TNSJA)
14. Abhishek Tripathi – (DSJA)
15. Suven Raha – (CSJC)
16. Sandeep Misra – (OSJA)
17. JAC Gladson – (TSJA)
18. Naresh Shelke – (SJAN)
19. Clayton Murzello (SJAM)
20. Hitesh Patel (SJAG)